Monday, March 26, 2012

TCR #103: ANGEL WITH ATTITUDE

I am finding it hard to complete challenges outside my dt requirements, but this week-end after seeing the latest palette at the Colour Room I pushed myself to finish it this morning before heading to work!
I also received lots of goodies from Fatcats as I have to complete layouts for upcoming shows so I thought what better way than using the colour room as inspiration! Here is the layout:








For this TCR Palette, I decided to use new techniques (for me) and what a lot of fun I had! For the background I used "Frost" Glimmermist randomly all over, then I used The Crafter's Workshop "Fence" Template and sponged "Milled Lavender" Distress ink. It was the perfect colour with those gorgeous MME papers (6x6 paper pad available at Fatcats). I also used the same ink on the edges of my cardstock.
Punch/dies: I used the Purple Cow punch and made a border with it, now these are easy to use. Scallop Circles Nestabilities were used as well as Mariannes Creatables Mini Envelop Die (too cute!).
Quilling now that's fun! I used the tool and made little borders of different colours, it is a great way of using scraps! That's about it! The chippie title is from Scrapping Outback, I used white paint and a splash of distress stickles! Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandrine! Thanks for the blog link!! No wonder I couldn't find your blog in my dashboard - I wasn't following you! I am now though! I swear I was already though... lol! Anyway - LOVE this layout and your style is sooo cool! I'm a big fan! :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your feature!!! I was so thrilled when I saw your name up there! Well deserved! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i completly agree! i have to say this layout is so so stunning! design is clean cut and the layers are so interesting with the embellishments in all the right places! so so lovely! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete