Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OUAS: PROUD LAYOUT

Good morning all!

Today I would like to share a layout I created for the May Once Upon A Sketch... challenge combined with Scrapping Outback May 12 Chipboard  Monochromatic colour challenge (details here), you have to follow the sketch below (I interpreted it a bit differently) and the layout has to be about Motherhood, it has to include journalling! All the details are on their blog here. I am a big fan of this challenge blog, the DT is just amazing and this is the first time that I give it a try! Here is my layout and close-ups:





The photo is very dear to me as it was taken by my adorable son on Mother's Day, not bad hey? I did crop it etc. but still! I feel so proud when I look at my 2 beautiful children, they are the most important things in my life! Most journalling is at the back of the layout.
I used a few different papers (Prima, cardboard, cardstock), and as usual I try to use a lot of textures (wire, cardboard, silky and tulle flowers, chipboard, distress stickles, rhinestones, pearls, stitching, stamping)
The chipboard flowers are Rachelle Minett Designs (available here) and I had a bit of fun with them, I gave them 2 coats of Picket Fence Distress Stain, then I added Rock Candy and Antique Linen Distress Stickles for a bit of roughness! And when all was dry I wrapped some wire around the stems!!!
That's it for me today, enjoy your Wednesday and thank you for coming by!

5 comments:

  1. Hi.. this is beautiful! I love the flow of the chipboard pieces and the softness of the flowers and the gorgeous photo!! a wonderful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch. Beautiful photo and a wonderful page. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous!!! That photo has turned out great - you look so pretty! Lovely work - so pretty and neat and so totally YOU! BTW - thanks for your lovely comment and wow you noticed I changed my blog look too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout and sweet sweet photo!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning! So glad that you joined in with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete