Friday, September 7, 2012

I think I've gone grunge...

Hello!

At long last we are having a beautiful warm day! I got so sick of the frosty mornings...And all this spring weather seems to be working for me as I feel inspired again...I have been having trouble with my scrapbooking, trying to find myself...wondering why I was not enjoying it as much as I used to. I have decided to go back to vintage scrapbooking, because it is me, and I feel so at ease when I am inking and aging papers and things! You will see what I mean with what I did for Sketches with a Twist Challenge, it is kind of dark but I think it is me. I am so in love with Prima Romance Novel papers...
Enough rambling, here is the sketch and the twist is you have to use embossing somewhere on your layout:


When I first saw the sketch I knew I would have to use cogs! And as I haven't scrapped DS for a while I decided to scrap a photo of him giving me the "enough photo" look! There are so many layers, it was a revelation I love this style soooooo much!

I used Hot Embossing on the clock (Antique Linen Distress Powder)

I used dry embossing on the cog (Sizzix Brick Wall) and on the letter S (Cuttlebug Texture Wood)



Scrapping Outback Products used are:
- WOW cogs
- WOW Fancy Clock
Other Products used are:
Prima Romance Novel 6X6 paper pad
Basic Grey Ledger Basics
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and metal quote
Distress Inks, Pen and tool
Prima Distressing Tool
Kaisercraft Lace
Rope, Gauze, Prima flower

For the month of September Sketches with a Twist and Scrapping Outback are teaming together. What an awesome month this will be with even more chances to win.
What you need to do is pop on over to Scrapping Outback join the site and load your LO you have created into the gallery at Scrapping Outback and make sure you say it is for Sketches with A Twist (SWAT) then also upload your LO on to the SWAT site as well and you will have a chance of winning the following;
A $50.00 voucher to spend at Scrapping Outback on anything you would like yes that's right a massive $50.00 on anything you like please note the postage is the winners responsibility as well as winning this awesome prize you are still in the running to win one of out other normal monthly prizes.

5 comments:

  1. I really love your work and the vintage feel of this masculine page. The colours are so subtle and yet work so well. Really really lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love you getting your grunge on! You have really done grunge so well! I love it!!! This is a super duper layout! Love it heaps!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing.. a wonderful take on the sketch and the cogs look fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous, love the look and the photo is great! thanks for joining us at swat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is TERRIFIC.. Lovin the layers!!
    THANKS for playing along at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete