Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chick Magnet...

Morning all!

Have lots of projects on the go at the moment...I have one to share today, it is one I created for White With One, the challenge is to use white with yellow and stars. We got 3 chicks 2 weeks ago, they weren't yellow when we got them but I thought that the challenge would be perfect for photos of DS posing with a chick, too funny!
I experienced with different papers here again, this time I played with white tissue paper for my main background and inked paper towel from the kitchen, I was inspired by an article in the latest Somerset Workshop magazine! Here are the photos:



The chicken is from Twiddlybitz, and is so cute! I sprayed the raw piece with water and separated the layers at the tail and on the head to make it fluffy, I then added a couple of coats of white gesso.
There is a couple of white tags on the layout, I circled the hole with a piece of rolled paper towel!

Here is a close of the background and title, you can also see a home made mini peg covered with paper holding a stamped word!


Here a closie of my home made star (made with a template) to create those beautiful textured stars I took a sheet of paper towel and inked with "Scattered Straw" distress ink then sprayed with water to spread the colour over the piece of paper towel. I then cut a star out of scrap paper and glued tissue star over it.
Another detail is the flower centre made of rolled yellow twine :) I also made little stars with 3 staples.
There are plenty of punched circles around the page as per usual :D and a hand stitched border
Material list:
Papers: Prima, Pink Paislee, Kaisercraft, Fancy Pants
Flowers: Manor House Creations, Prima (Got Flowers)
Pink Paislee Portfolio Stamps, stars
Distress ink and pen in Scattered Straw
Gauze, buttons, pins, brads, pearls, twine.
Now I am in the process of making vintage Xmas card for the Fatcats Booth at the Adelaide Paper Show next month. Will be back soon with pictures.
One last thing, go and leave a comment here for your chance to win a gorgeous pack of Meg Garden's Papers!!! Well worth the effort if you ask me!!!
Thank you for your lovely comments, it always makes my day!

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable.. love the cute photos and all your embellishments.. really love the mix of flowers and stars.. a wonderful take on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! I love the colour yellow and this is absolutely perfect! Absolutely adore the way you altered the chipboard... SOOO clever!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page!!! I love how you made the star as well :)Thanks for playing along with us at WW1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page......Cute photos, and lots of delish embellishment. Thanks for playing along with us at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab page Sandrine & great photo too. Thanks for playing along with WW1. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pics are so cute, great use of elements and layering

    ReplyDelete
  7. great page - so many great things to look at - thanks for playing along at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete