Thursday, November 1, 2012

FAUX CORAL

Hello!

I can't believe it is November already! OMG I have already bought Xmas presents for my family in France this year is going so so quick!!! I have something to share with you today, a layout for Scrapping Outback November Chipboard tutorial! It is a very easy technique to create coral texture, here is a link to the full tutorial.
Here is my layout, full of textures:

"Angel of the Sea"




** REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION **









I mainly used Pink Paislee Papers with a splash of Kaisercraft and a variety of flowers from Manorhouse, Prima and Kaiser. Also had fun with Marianne Designs Dies and of course with Chipboard.
The circle frame is WOW covered with a couple of coats of Picket Fence Distress Stain and Bundled Sage Distress Ink pad, I also roughened the edge a bit. For the Seahorse and Crab (Scrap FX available here) I covered it with beads, gesso and sprays  and inks :) It was a lot of fun!!!
These are the other medium/textures I used: Gesso background with old credit card + stamped gesso cap around the page. Lots of recycled plastic netting and some gauze, some crunched up doilies.
This layout is now hanging on DD's bedroom wall!
Will be back soon to share more projects, thank you for all your lovely comments!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, love the technique on the crab...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layers in your page, love the crab and seahorse, everything is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, the colours are so soft and all of the sea embellishments really draw my eye to look more closely. Love the bird on the top left and your technique is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work!!! Love the colour and your coral technique is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is sooo adorable.. I love the soft colors you have used, and the sea embellies are stunning.. love the banner too.. really beautiful layout.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout :) Just wondering if you have seen my blog www.staceyeyoung.blogspot.com .......... check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete