Monday, October 15, 2012

Tissue please!

Hi!

Why would I need tissue? Well this week-end was a creative week-end for me! I had some fun!
When baby Amelie was born I kept everything that was given to me for her, everything including wrapping paper, one of the gift I received was wrapped in bright pink tissue paper (it was a cute little dress from France), I knew that one day I would get to use it for something! Anyway...I took the cutest photo of DD and I just got new Zephyr papers from Scrapping Outback and also some blooms, I was dying to create, I just love Prima lately! After reading one of the new Somerset mags I felt very inspired to do something a little different, with tissue paper! Here is what I created:



What I did with the tissue paper was I glued one big scrunched up piece for the background and then gave it a coat of gesso. I made some rolled up roses with it as well, covered with gesso to mute the bright colour, lastly I glued a piece on some scrap cardstock and die cut shapes out of it, I then covered with one coat of Picket Fence Distress Stain for a different effect :)



I made a little piggy tail out of blue twine for fun!
Prima paper available here
Prima flowers available here
Prima velvet baubles sold out
Banner and branch dies are available from Fatcats

And go and check out my big news here!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, so cute, and well done on your new DT role!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful texture it give with the tissue paper, lovely details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is adorable - and how special to use the tissue paper her gift was wrapped in! That totally adds to the scrapbooking story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! Absolutely adore this!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the Meg's garden DT - love your scrap style!

    ReplyDelete