Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Xmas Joy Layout

Good morning everyone,

This is my last layout for the year! It is for the White With 1 December Challenge (White + Red + Xmas photo). I decided to use a giant bauble as a feature and  for this layout I used NO pattern paper! The red and white dot you can see on the page is actually washi tape! I have had this roll on my desk for ages and my personal challenge was to use it! I have to say it was a lot of fun!!! I made a frame around the layout and also stuck some on some scrap cardstock and die cut it (the banner under photo). I also coloured some scrap cardstock with Distress Ink "Festive Berries" using the direct on paper technique and punched shapes out and die cut some branches too! Used the same ink with Xmas stamps. My bauble is actually a chipboard circle frame wrapped in Baker's Twine! See how versatile chipboard is and why I am so addicted to it!


This is my original title using die cut Xmas socks and Prima Alphabet letters

Some gorgeous die-cut Poinsettas!
For some tiny details I added more Baker's Twine, red embroidery floss and red cotton thread attached to buttons, stamped tags, paper clip! I hand-cut a zig zag border around. And yes my signature hand-stiched border around the layout.
Thank you for visiting! Have a lovely Xmas! I really hope to visit you while on holidays!
Til next time! Happy Scrapping!

11 comments:

  1. Red and white is just such a festive combo- I love this...the twine wrapped around the border is awesome :),

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so gorgeous, love the twine wrapped too, fabulous photo as well. So many lovely details to look at......... So this is your latest layout for the year :) enjoy your break and a have a lovely christmas and new year all the best wishes :) HO HO HO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it just so gorgeous and red and white are just colours that pop!!! love the big bauble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI..This is so beautiful.. love the big circle around the photo, love your flowers, and these colors really go so well together.. and enjoy this festive season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this wonderful for WW1 : I love all the details and techniques

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is beautiful, I love the red and white and your technique here is amazing. I'll be coming back for a revisit after the chrissy photos (if it's OK may I scraplift for a personal layout - no competitions.
    Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving me such lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! You sure can scraplift my layout! You should have loads of fun! Enjoy your Chrissie!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, Sandrine! This is beyond brilliant! I love love love the giant bauble. Love everything about this!!! Ding ding ding... we have a winner!!! Have a lovely Christmas!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous page! Love the twine wrapped circle frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant, really LOVE your page Sandrine. Lots of amazing and beautiful details....Love the twine wrapped bauble, the banner and flowers. Thanks for joining in and for sharing your page with us at WW1. :)
    Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twine wrapping. Great page and the use of washi is fab. Thanks for playing along at WW1.

    ReplyDelete