Wednesday, February 13, 2013

He's Growing Up Too Fast!



Today I have a page to share! It is for the gorgeous sketch challenge at Paper Stories,
it is MY interpretation!
I love love love Page Drafts! They designed the sketch for Paper Stories this month!!!
For this challenge I dug into my supply of Imagiarium Designs Chipboard of course, and used some fabulous designs, below is the very famous "Clock and Compass", I did not use a whole one, I saved a section of it for another project, it is one of my fav...
Treatment: I sprayed dark brown glimmermist, one coat was enough, when dry I applied a thick coat of "Walnut Stain" Distress stickles, I completely love how it turned out, I have been playing with different techniques, but can't share just yet.


Below is another one of my fav, Louise Nelson's design :) for this one I coloured it with a yellow alcohol marker and then covered with dimensional magic! There you have it your very own epoxy chipboard accent!


For this very cool title I first applied one coat of Picket Fence Distress Stain, then coloured with my yellow alcohol marker (it took a few coats), but I still did not like the colour, so I went over one more time with yellow Distress pen, what happened was that the bottom Distress stain layer started to react with the top yellow pen layer, it became milky but the colour was exactly what I wanted to create, grungy yellow! I added some Walnut Stain ink on edges to finish it off.

One last closie of the gorgeous layers and dimension. The background is white cardstock at the base but I grunged it up with "Old Paper", "Walnut Stain" and "Scattered Straw" Distress Inks! I used inking tool, sponge dabber and stencil.
 
IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:
- TITLE "GROWING UP IDP0012
- TINY 9 COGS ON BOARD IDT0004
- LOU'S HEART SHAPES IDDL0015
- CLOCK AND COMPASS IDS0062
- SHEET OF NUMBERS IDN0002

OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- PAPER: ECHO PARK, BO BUNNY, MY MIND'S EYE, WHITE CARDSTOCK
- STAMPS: PRIMA PRESS, KAISERCRAFT, HERO ARTS
- FLOWERS: PRIMA
- OTHER: STUDIO CALICO FABRIC STARS, KAISERCRAFT RHINESTONES, TWINE, CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP TEMPLATE, DISTRESS INKS, TRIA MARKERS, COTTON THREAD, FELT
Stay tuned! I will be back with some inspiration on Friday!!!! Thank you all for the lovely comments, it makes my heart sing! Have a lovely day!!!
Hugs
Sandrine
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. I love the feel of this page, I think its the colours that are amazing and I love all the different embellishments and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Sandrine!!! and I agree Em create the bestest sketches - have a great day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow weee.. love your page, photo is super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning detail Sandrine, all the little bits that make it really special, like how you coloured the chipboard, to tying the string around and popping in a pin (love it)...and such a cute little smile on your little man!! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome page Sandrine.....love the chippie treatment, great photo, fabulous colours and I too love Page Draft sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful.. love the yellow and grey color combo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color scheme and a great layout! Love the layered circles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandrine it sstunning hun, I love the colours too and all your chippies are perfect with your page fantastic hun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is fantastic! Love the colors and fabulous details. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page! Great colours and love your use of, and effects on the chipboard. So happy you chose to play along at Paper Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beutiful work! Cool colors and delicate detailing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing LO! just fab colors! love all details! thanks from Paper Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great layout! i love all the elements you have included!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this is brilliant!!!!! Awesome - absolutely smashing layout!

    ReplyDelete