Friday, March 8, 2013

Gone Off The Page...

Hello,

At long last something to share, I have been busy creating but I haven't had a chanve to take pictures of all my work yet...
Today it is a Meg's Garden share! "An Ode to a Summer's Day" is such a pretty collection, I did not have any trouble finding inspiration. The soft yellow tones in the papers remind me of my little girl's beach blond hair, so I decided to create a mini album with my 10 favourite photos of her in 2012. I mainly used yellow, green and beigy colours throughout the album, I wanted to give it a very soft touch. I also wanted to add some funky elements to my overall design such as banners, polaroid photo frames and some personal touches such as dry embossing and punched circles.

"Coaster Album Photos 2012"

I have Rachelle's gorgeous tag stamp on the front under the photo :) Love those stamps!!!

Love the square doilies, I cut the borders off and used as accent throughout the album:



Love the ferns in the papers! And I also cut some of the words out as embellishments!


Here I used a doily for my background instead of dry embossing:


My favourite page in the album:

I cut some triangles out of Meg's paper to make little banners, I repeated this element throughout the album to tie the design together!








Here I joined the green leaves together to create a flower accent!


MEG'S GARDEN PRODUCTS USED:

OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- WATERCOLOUR PAPER
- IMAGINARIUM CHIPBOARD TINY VINE FLOURISH IDT0027, CORNER IDC0003
- STUDIO CALICO VENEER ALPHABET
- GAUZE
- PRIMA FLOWERS
- CARL/FISKARS PUNCHES
- TIM HOLTZ ROSETTE DIE
- VARIOUS CUTTLEBUG EMBOSSING FOLDERS
- WALNUT STAIN DISTRESS INK
- PINK PAISLEE BANNER STAMP
- RACHELLE MINNETT'S DESIGN TAG SET
- STAMPIN'UP BARELY BANANA INK PAD

Thank you so much for visiting! Have a great scrappy week-end!!!

7 comments:

  1. Sandrine I have really enjoyed seeing your last few posts and projects and I think it's because these colours are so pleasing to the eye. They are lovely and soft and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fabulous album, the photos are fabulous and the soft greens and yellows of the papers really look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This album is beautiful. I love the words to each photo - perfect description. Such a lovely keepsake. You rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute.. I love each page and the embossed back ground looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, this is so pretty.. love the colours, each page is so unique, and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Beautiful Sandrine, and what a wonderful keepsake .... Beautiful photos, colours, and details.
    Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandrine, this is beautiful, no other words, just pure beautiful.... and all those happy little faces in the photos!

    ReplyDelete