Monday, April 15, 2013

My New Look!!!!

Good morning!

Welcome to my blog! It has had a major makeover! A big thank you to Emma Stafrace from "Little By Little" Blog Design for a wonderful finished product! It is a lot more welcoming, what do you think???

I want to share one of my projects with you today to celebrate my new look blog, it's a layout I created for Imaginarium Designs blog gone live this morning!!! My gorgeous little daughter of course is the star! After my class with Finnabair last month I came back with lots of inspiration, techniques that I wanted to use with my own touches. I pushed myself to used more mediums, in this layout I used Modeling Paste, Gesso and texture stamping around the layout, I have been scared of using them in the past, but I have pushed myself out of my comfort zone! And I love the result!

"Smile"

All the flowers have been dry brushed with Gesso, for a soft muted look! The edges were border punched randomly, distressed and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink with inking tool, and stamped with gorgeous Bo Bunny Texture stamp! I also slid some gorgeous lace here and there! I also hand-stitched a border around layout!

In this creation my chipboards were used differently to what they were initially designed to be! I chose 2 different borders and they are no longer borders! You should never feel bad cutting up your borders!
The first border Edward Relief border was painted with Gesso and cut into little rectangles and attached at the top of my banner.
 
 This border was also cut at its extremety to become a photo corner!

 The second border is the circle border of which I cut one circle. I painted it white with Gesso, now that's not all it is, I transformed into a shaker box by adding some upcycled packaging! I was lucky enough to attend Finnabair's class last month and salvaged all the beautiful packaging we used during her classes! So I found a perfect size flower plastic cover to fit in the middle of the circle, pushed it in, added some beads and glued some paper for backing and voila! A very easy accent for my grungy page!


Lastly I added a title over my banner using little alphas covered with white gel pen! It is a very quick and easy non messy way to colour little bits of chipboard!
 One embellishment 8 was cut in half lengthways, painted with Gesso and attached over bandage and lace on top of my banner.
Love the torn/worn bandage with all the curly threads! I added some extra texture with a Prima mask and some Modeling Paste!


 Imaginarium Chipboard used:
- Edward Relief Border IDB0010
- Circle border IDB0007
- Main Letter Set Small IDA0005
- Embellishment 8 (4 on board) IDS0014

Other Products used:
- Papers: 13arts
- Prima Mask, Distress ink, gesso, white gel pen, Prima lace, metal findings, Prima flowers, Manor House Creations flowers, bandage.

Thanks for dropping by! Have a great week!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow your new look is FABULOUS!!! It's totally gorgeous - just like you :-D Love your work too, as always xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look, doesn't she do an amazing job with the blogs... love it.
    Your ID creations are gorgeous, they always are of course.... and your cute little girl.... so much glorious detail Sandrine....so inspirational, and I always love the colours you work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your creations, this is delightful as well as totally gorgeous.. and LOVE your new look blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely just lovely, and I really like your new look, its so beautifully soft and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I love your new look......so jealous!!!
    Looks fab.
    Oh and the layout is stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look...very fresh and artsy looking!!! And your LO's look amazing and fit right in with the look...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your new look it is so pretty.... My fave colours...and I love love love this new layout.... The colours are just perfect and I love all the layers. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this layout so much!!! And I adore you new look blog! Wow!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovin your new look blog........Looks amazing Sandrine.
    ...and LOVE your LO, lots of gorgeous details.
    Love your work.
    Have a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete