Friday, November 1, 2013

SCRAPPING OUTBACK NOVEMBER 13 XMAS CHALLENGE

Hello,

It's November and time for a brand new challenge at Scrapping Outback! We thought to get you started on some Xmas projects! It is getting closer!

CHALLENGE: CREATE A LAYOUT OR CARD OR OFF THE PAGE ITEM WITH A XMAS THEME. YOU ALSO NEED TO USE CHIPBOARD AND GLITTER SOMEWHERE ON YOUR PROJECT.

For all the fun details on the challenge head over here.

It is pretty easy really! By entering the competition you will be in the running to win a $15 voucher.

So here is a little inspiration to get you started:

"Merry Christmas 2012"



I went for a neutral colour combo, some gorgeous Kaisercraft paper I was given by a scrappy friend :), some Imaginarium Chipboard and Green Tara flowers of course! and some GOLD accents here and there. I used some skeleton ribbon at the bottom of my photo matting (it is one of my favourite Green Tara product!!!!).

I made my own "wreath" photo frame by wrapping gorgeous Jute Ribbon around a wire circle, I simply stitched it together at the end:


Here is a closie of the golden tip feather :)


Also more gold in the cluster at the top:


I altered a Green Tara silver leaf with gesso and distress stickles and wrapped it around my photo frame, added a gorgeous gold leaf garland and an ID hexagon under my photo mat and some Green Tara skeleton mesh in gold:


A wooden reel with some Green Tara Gold mesh, a little golden button (I glued some gold glitter first then covered the button with Dimensional Magic):


Oh and my background is Kraft cardstock with texture paste stencilled circles and white Gesso!

Material used:
- Kaisercraft Papers, Kraft cardstock, Manorhouse Creations Frame, wooden reel, kitchen twine, Gesso, Modeling Paste.

Imaginarium Chipboard used:
- SKELETON FEATHER IDDL0003
- SHEET OF NUMBERS SMALL IDN0002
- 12 BUTTONS ON BOARD IDS0031
- MERRY CHRISTMAS IDP0072
- LOOLABELLE'S NESTED HEXAGONS IDDL0017
- 4 SMALL BUTTERFLIES IDT0014

Green Tara Products used:
- 100MM SKELETON MESH GOLD RB17GO
- CHERRY BLOSSOM WHITE FLC22WH
- WHITE APPLE BLOSSOM FDV044WH
- 15MM NATURAL JUTE RIBBON RB17Nat15
- CAMELLIA 8CM PAPER FLOWER IVORY XF9219IV
- SILVER LEAF 3CM XL2665P
- SATIN LEAF GARLAND GOLD RB573AG
- 38MM MESH GOLD RB6734GO

Well that's it for me today, I will be back because I have lots to share this month!!! My first post on the Green Tara Blog is fast approaching and I am very nervous!
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sandrine....this layout is so, Gorgeous...wow!!!!! you are a very clever lady....you have added so many gorgeous touches. and details....Love it!!!!
    Thanks for your love on my blog. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing - all the little extra bits and pieces in the close ups are so cute.....I love it!!
    Thankyou so much for creating such a gorgeous layout for our challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. I love the gold and all the layers and the frame around the photo is divine.. and all the best with the GT gig, you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exquisite Sandrine & so very innovative with all those Green Tara products too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete