Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scrap Friends Sketch #21

Back again!

One more challenge for me this month! That's the only other one I managed to complete before going back to work tomorrow. Well, the sketches at Scrap Friends always blow me away!!! And I love their design team too! After so many months of admiring their blog I finally gave their sketch challenge a go!
I went completely and utterly out of my comfort zone! Design wise and colour wise! 
Here is the sketch to follow, all details are here

 

Here is my take:

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION


I really loved the frames in the sketch so I went from there. I constructed my background with Gesso, tissue paper, stampings + glimmer splatters.
I used a "beach" border at the bottom of my photo cluster made of collected seashells, Imaginarium cogs, bandage and plumber tape all glued together with Gel Medium and finally painted with Gesso.

The orange frames across the layout are white cardstock covered with texture paste through a mask and then sprayed with orange paint (October Afternoon):


I used a wooden anchor to tie the beach theme, used Green Tara blooms to compliment the design:


The title was covered in black crackle paint for extra texture:


GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- WILD ROSE
- HEIRLOOM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER 4CM AND 6.5CM

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:
- TINY COGS
- COGS
- FRAME
- CIRCLE BORDER
- DARLING BOY TITLE

I will be back soon with lots of DT projects!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my entry!

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning, you may have gone out of your comfort zone but you nailed the sketch I reckon.. love it.. love the pops of black too!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally felt for this colour scheme and the whole page is just - oh WOW! Thank you for playing with Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete